Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year

It is amazing how quickly time can slip away when one is busy traveling. Since the last time I took the time to comment here, I've been stranded in Hawaii for a week (I know - I didn't get any sympathy about that on the home front either), visited California, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, and Virginia, squeezed in a Christmas and the celebration of another trip around the sun.

On the subject of Christmas - I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Should you choose not to celebrate that holiday, that's fine. Please simply accept the sentiment in the spirit it was intended. In turn, I promise not to take offense if you wish (or wished) me a Happy Hanukkah, Kwanza, Yule, offer me the finger or choose to say nothing at all. All I ask is that you commit yourself in this new year to joining those who refuse to go out of their way to find any possible excuse for offense in any situation. There are plenty of legitimate issues to get upset about on a daily basis. Be satisfied with those problems, until they are all resolved.

While it is my intent to resume regular postings, the travel schedule interferes more than I originally expected. Just after getting back in the saddle tonight, I find myself flying to California starting tomorrow for a cross country drive that will occupy the rest of my week. This is the reverse of a trip I made in July, and with luck I'll get to document at least a few of my thoughts and observations along the way.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment