Thursday, July 24, 2008

Every Day Is Earth Day!

As I was waiting at the four-way stop sign, I couldn't help but notice the car in front of me. It was a rather new looking Prius, that not-quite silver color that isn't gray, either.

There was a "Save the Planet" type bumper sticker in place, almost as predictable as the three piece pinstripe suit on the stereotypical banker of days gone by. Between the car and the bumper sticker, it was clear that the long-tressed wispy blond (no doubt a Clairol Nice'n Easy Perfect 10) was a far more dedicated acolyte of AlGore than I ever fear I might become in even my worst nightmares.

The baby in the back seat - where did that brown hair come from? - was buckled in to what appeared to be a top of the line car safety seat.

Why, then, was this socially conscious, ecologically humble specimen of über humanity seen disposing her cigarette butt out the car window before accelerating onto the highway?

No comments:

Post a Comment