Saturday, February 14, 2009

Commerce Secretary?

It was with some degree of optimism that I learned Judd Gregg had withdrawn his name from consideration as Commerce Secretary. Perhaps I still had a shot at a government job!

Then I realized I failed to meet a critical qualification. Unfortunately, I have fallen into the bad habit of paying my taxes on an annual basis. Based on the history of other Obama nominees, that would seem to be a disqualifying shortcoming.

Mr. President, would you please be willing to consider me for the job? I've been married long enough that I know a thing or two about commerce. Surely you could overlook that silly tax paying business. Besides, my children would be so proud of their Daddy working for the government, just as your wife finally has reason to be proud.

At least consider it?

No comments:

Post a Comment