Saturday, March 14, 2009

Not Quite Getting It

Now, I don't have a PhD in anything, but I do have one or two brain cells that are on a first name basis with each other and I can certainly figure out that the cure here is somewhat less than likely to be effective.

It seems that in South Africa they have women who are lesbians. Hard to figure how they pulled that off without U.S. trained radical misandrists, but it would seem to be the case.

Be that as it may, that particular orientation, whether a matter of choice or inclination imparted by Nature (a debate for another time and place), is alive and well in South Africa. A number of South African men believe they have divined the cure to this particular affliction: rape and murder!

I'm pretty sure that murder is a relatively effective deterrent. One woman "was gang-raped and beaten before being stabbed to death 25 times in the face, chest and legs." Assuming that the previous sentence is an example of poor writing rather than deific resilience on her part, I suspect that she was either cured or at the very least never chose to offend again.

But rape? I'm guessing that very few women have an "Oh, my God! I had no idea what I was missing! GIVE ME A MAN!!" moment after receiving the treatment. I may well be wrong, but I imagine the whole thing is counter productive to the stated objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment