Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Air America . . . .

At my wife's prompting, I began listening to "the other side". As one who is partial to the politics of Limbaugh, Hannity, and company, for me the other side resides on Air America.

My first experiences were with the morning show "Unfiltered". The show instantly took me through a time warp back to the old college days. The passion! The vitality! The maturity of potty humor! Not what I was expecting, to say the least.

Al Franken was at least a bit more sober and mature. While I can't agree with the majority of what he holds dear, at least I can listen too him, grant him the right to hold an opinion, and find his style of delivery to be no more offensive than that of Rush Limbaugh.

I will continue to make an effort to give other Air America programs a chance, and hope that the others are more in line with Franken than Unfiltered. "The Other Side" should have a forum for expressing their views, and "My Side" should listen if only to know what is being opposed. But the opposition needs to speak with a mature, intelligent voice if they are to have any hope of their ideas being given serious consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment