Monday, November 15, 2004

Thank You, Juan Valdez

Mmmmmmm. Coffee.

Homer can have his doughnuts. As far as I'm concerned, a world without coffee is a world not worth living in. More than once, I've joked that I would quit any job where they stopped serving coffee in the office. That resolve was put to the test once when the company I worked for was emerging from the ashes of a disastrous ownership experience under the far more competent guidance of a new owner. For the first two days of the revived company, coffee was not available. Then they expected me to pay for it! By Friday, the free flow of the nectar of the goddess had been restored and I never had to make the painful choice between paying bills and making good on my threats.

And for the record, I'm a purist. You never saw Juan and his donkey carting around sugar cane or leading a cow, did you?

And what the @#$^*! is a soy mocha latte?

No comments:

Post a Comment